An original Portuguese recipe with pork and clams.
The ingredient of Portuguese Pork Alentejana
- 1u2009u00bd cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2u2009u00bd teaspoons salt
- u00bc teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, estranged
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- u00bc teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 small clams in shell, scrubbed
- u00bc cup chopped lively parsley
The instruction how to make Portuguese Pork Alentejana
- In large bowl, increase wine, paprika, salt and pepper, mix well. Add garlic cloves, bay leaf, and cubed meat, approach meat in marinade to coat pieces. Marinate for 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain pork; reserve marinade. Pat cubes no question dry. Discard garlic and bay leaf. Melt 1 teaspoon of oil in large skillet. increase be credited with pork cubes, stirring frequently so that the meat colors unexpectedly and evenly. Transfer next slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet and bring to a boil greater than high heat, scraping off any brown particles clinging to the inside of pan. Boil briskly outdoor external until marinade is edited to 1 cup. Pour on top of higher than pork and set aside.
- In 6 to 8 quart pan, heat unshakable 2 teaspoons oil; go to onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is soft but not brown. Add garlic, tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Simmer, stirring forever for 5 minutes.
- fee the clams, hinged side down, over the tomato sauce; cover the pan tightly and cook over medium to high heat for ten minutes or until clams open. move around in reserved pork and juices. Simmer for 5 minutes to heat thoroughly. Sprinkle taking into consideration parsley.
Nutritions of Portuguese Pork Alentejanacalories: 314.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 11.9 g
cholesterolContent: 73.7 mg
fatContent: 11.9 g
fiberContent: 1.5 g
proteinContent: 28.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.6 g
sodiumContent: 1297.8 mg
sugarContent: 2.5 g