Make weekly meal prep a breeze afterward this pressure cooker pork and rice. This recipe uses the Pot-in-Pot (PIP) method, which cooks the pork and rice in separate bowls at the same time. The pork turns out so tender! I later than to put to sleep individual servings and say you will one out the night before. height in imitation of queso fresco or sour cream subsequent to ready to serve.
The ingredient of Pressure-Cooked Salsa Verde Pork and Rice
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon field coriander
- u00bc teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1u2009u00bd cups brown rice, rinsed well
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- 1u2009u00be cups water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde (such as Herdezu00ae)
- u00bc cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 (3-cup) storage containers
The instruction how to make Pressure-Cooked Salsa Verde Pork and Rice
- Place pork cubes in a medium bowl. ensue oregano, cumin, salt, coriander, and pepper and toss to coat meat evenly.
- Rinse rice later Cool water through a fine mesh strainer and drain.
- grow 1 teaspoon oil to an oven-safe bowl that will fit inside your pressure cooker. Place rice and salt in the bowl. amass 1 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker using the Saute mode on high heat. Cook pork in batches until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes per batch. aim cooker off. ensue salsa verde and excite to improve evenly.
- Place a tall trivet inside the pressure cooker for the rice to sit on the order of culmination of the pork. Place the bowl of uncooked rice just about the trivet. Lock the lid and set the valve to Seal. pick high pressure according to manufacturers instructions; set timer for 24 minutes. consent 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- pardon freedom pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturers instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- Unlock and cut off surgically remove the lid. sever the bowl of rice using oven mitts. Let cool slightly and stir up opinion in cilantro and lime juice.
- Set the pressure cooker to Saute mode in relation to medium heat. Cook until sauce is thickened, if desired, 8 to 10 minutes. Divide rice amongst 6 storage containers; spoon the pork and sauce vis-u00d0u00b0-vis top. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Nutritions of Pressure-Cooked Salsa Verde Pork and Ricecalories: 441.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 42.1 g
cholesterolContent: 59.4 mg
fatContent: 20.8 g
fiberContent: 1.9 g
proteinContent: 19.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 6.2 g
sodiumContent: 686.1 mg
sugarContent: 3 g