This is a handy yet flavorful chowder that can be prepared in a jiffy. Chicken curry variation is just as easy, and just as tasty. Leftovers make a earsplitting casserole or au gratin the next day.
The ingredient of Easy Corn and Crab Chowder
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- u00bd onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained
- u00bd teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- u2153 cup all-purpose flour
- u00bc cup dry white wine
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1u2009u00bd cups milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- salt and pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Easy Corn and Crab Chowder
- Wrap potato cubes in plastic wrap, and microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, cook bacon more than medium heat until annoyed through, and increase be credited with chopped onions. Cook and disturb until onions are clear. Stir in crab meat and parsley flakes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large accrual pot beyond low heat. move around in flour until blend becomes creamy and takes not far off from a eggshell color. Continue to cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally. work up in wine. end chicken bouillon in milk; subsequent to the flour join up is crumbly, slowly campaign in the milk. mixture combination with ease in order to eliminate all lumps.
- later the incorporation combination is creamy and hot, mix up in bacon mixture, cubed potatoes, and creamed corn. Season subsequent to salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For a creamy curry variation grow 2 tablespoons curry powder after adding the wine to the flour mixture, and performing cooked, cubed chicken for the bacon.
Nutritions of Easy Corn and Crab Chowdercalories: 485.1 calories
carbohydrateContent: 45.6 g
cholesterolContent: 83.9 mg
fatContent: 24.6 g
fiberContent: 3.1 g
proteinContent: 20.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 10.3 g
sodiumContent: 1146.2 mg
sugarContent: 9.4 g