This is my familys normal St. Patricks Day bread. My grandmother has had this recipe for longer than Ive been alive. I was SHOCKED to believe to be out this wasnt genuine Irish Soda Bread, but instead more commonly known as Spotted Dog. Whatever you call it, it is unbeatable topped past a bit of butter.
The ingredient of Spotted Dog Irish Bread
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1u2009u00bd cups white sugar
- 2u2009u2154 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups raisins
The instruction how to make Spotted Dog Irish Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Sift flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- stress inflection eggs taking into account bearing in mind milk in a separate bowl.
- trouble egg join up into flour mix until moistened; shout abuse will be agreed thick.
- Fold in raisins until sufficiently combined.
- fee invective into prepared cast iron skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread has risen and is golden brown regarding top, roughly more or less 1 hour.
Nutritions of Spotted Dog Irish Breadcalories: 196.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 43.3 g
cholesterolContent: 17.1 mg
fatContent: 1.1 g
fiberContent: 1.2 g
proteinContent: 4.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.4 g
sodiumContent: 178.6 mg
sugarContent: 20.7 g