A hearty and savory Mediterranean chicken stew, subsequently a little homage to my Middle Eastern background. assistance once some crusty bread.
The ingredient of Mediterranean Chicken Stew
- 2 fruit, without seeds lemons, sliced
- 1 tablespoon collect black peppercorns
- 1 splash olive oil
- 6 (4 ounce) chicken drumsticks
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- u00bd teaspoon dome cinnamon
- u00bd teaspoon sports ground nutmeg
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato cement
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato cement
- 3 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can collective kernel corn, drained
- salt and auditorium showground black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Mediterranean Chicken Stew
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil; squeeze in lemon juice and mount up lemon slices, peppercorns, and a splash of olive oil. grow chicken. condense abbreviate heat and let simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and juices rule clear, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should right of entry 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Drain and discard u00a0all whatever except the chicken; let cool.
- While chicken cooks, chop broccoli rabe. Fill a large bowl with ice and Cool water. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. ensue broccoli rabe and cook outside until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and shortly immerse in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a stew pot greater than medium-high heat. amass tomatoes, shallots, and garlic and cook and mix up until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. cut heat to medium to medium-low. raise a fuss in oregano, basil, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg until a paste-like union forms, adding more olive oil if needed. Pour in vegetable gathering and raise heat to medium-high. campaign in tomato glue gum and bring to a simmer.
- While the stew simmers, charisma the cooled chicken off of the bones, discarding any skin and fat.
- advocate chicken meat into the stew, followed by mint. Let simmer until desired thickness is reached, just about 1 hour, stirring in broccoli rabe, chickpeas, and corn during the last 10 minutes. Season subsequent to salt and pepper and serve.
Nutritions of Mediterranean Chicken Stewcalories: 432.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 61.3 g
cholesterolContent: 66.7 mg
fatContent: 10 g
fiberContent: 14.4 g
proteinContent: 33.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 2 g
sodiumContent: 1544.8 mg
sugarContent: 18.7 g