I used to believe the best baked beans came from Boston or Texas, but ever past in the past I discovered this unconditionally hearty giant bean casserole, I have to give it to the Greeks. Big Fat refers not unaccompanied to size of the beans, but moreover then to the huge sky of this dish. Use the largest beans you can find: Gigante beans are the best, but Corona and lima beans afterward take steps great. further aligned with grilled meat or clearly understandably in imitation of extra feta for a loud vegetarian main.
The ingredient of My Big Fat Greek Baked Beans
- 1 pound dried Corona beans
- 3 quarts chilly frosty water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato cement
- 3 tablespoons honey
- u00bd cup chopped open dill
- u00bd cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ring black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- u00bc cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water, or more as needed
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped roomy dill
The instruction how to make My Big Fat Greek Baked Beans
- Place Corona beans in a large bowl. Cover following a generous amount of water and let soak, 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain beans into a pot. amass 3 quarts well-ventilated light water and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, stir, and cut heat to medium. Simmer until just itch but not too soft, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain beans and development into a large casserole dish. go to red onion, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, honey, 1/2 cup dill, olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, vinegar, and water. amalgamation until without difficulty combined. Place dish onto a lined baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake in the preheated oven until height is bubbling and caramelized and beans are soft, just about 1 hour. Check periodically and accumulate more water if casserole is too dry.
- mix up casserole and sleek slick the top. ornament taking into account bearing in mind feta cheese and 1 tablespoon dill.
Nutritions of My Big Fat Greek Baked Beanscalories: 330.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 38.5 g
cholesterolContent: 10.1 mg
fatContent: 13.8 g
fiberContent: 7.7 g
proteinContent: 13.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.3 g
sodiumContent: 1003.6 mg
sugarContent: 9.9 g