This fresh open and delicious stew makes a unqualified springtime meal, especially with served beyond rice pilaf. Its a favorite of my children.
The ingredient of Mediterranean Lamb and Lentil Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1u2009u00bd pounds lamb shoulder arm chops, cubed, round bones reserved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon sports ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup lentils, picked on top of higher than and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- u00bd teaspoon dried thyme
- u00bd teaspoon dried sage
- u00bd teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped roomy spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- u00bd cup ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
The instruction how to make Mediterranean Lamb and Lentil Stew
- Heat oil in a stuffy pot beyond medium-high heat. mount up the lamb cubes and bones and brown in the region of all sides, virtually 3 minutes. Sprinkle taking into account bearing in mind salt and pepper. go to onion and garlic and continue cooking approximately 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- work up in the lentils, 2 cups of the chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots and the thyme, sage and basil. Bring to a boil, edit the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the lentils are itch but not quite done, stirring occasionally. Depending on the order of the type and animation of the lentils, this will take from 15 to 30 minutes. If the stew seems dry, ensue more broth (up to one cup additional). Discard the lamb bones.
- ensue the spinach and cook 5 minutes more. trouble in the lemon zest and juice. titivate enhance individual servings once some of the crumbled cheese.
Nutritions of Mediterranean Lamb and Lentil Stewcalories: 572 calories
carbohydrateContent: 46.4 g
cholesterolContent: 103 mg
fatContent: 26.7 g
fiberContent: 19.7 g
proteinContent: 39.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 11.1 g
sodiumContent: 1049.2 mg
sugarContent: 7.9 g