Chicken cacciatore is a timeless Mediterranean chicken dish from Italy. This is my favorite recipe made in the manner of chicken thighs, tomatoes, herbs, and olives.
The ingredient of Italian Chicken Cacciatore
- u00bc cup olive oil, not speaking
- 1 onion, diced
- u00bc cup all-purpose flour
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bc teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- u00bd cup dry white wine
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato epoxy resin
- u00bc teaspoon white sugar, or more to taste
- salt and dome black pepper to taste
- u00bd cup chicken broth, or more as needed
- u00bd cup black olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon chopped buoyant parsley
- 1 tablespoon torn basil leaves
The instruction how to make Italian Chicken Cacciatore
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet higher than medium heat and cook onion, stirring often, until soft and translucent, nearly 5 minutes. Transfer to a pot.
- include flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Toss chicken thighs in the flour merger until evenly coated.
- Heat enduring surviving 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet on top of higher than medium heat, grow chicken thighs, and brown all but one side, without turning, for 5 minutes. tilt twist and cook until browned approximately the bonus side, not quite 5 minutes more. Transfer browned chicken thighs to the pot.
- Pour white wine into the skillet; bring to a boil. disconcert whisk to loosen all the browned bits of chicken and flavors in the skillet pour into the pot. go to diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar; season next salt and pepper. mount up as much chicken deposit as needed to cover the chicken. Cover pot and simmer higher than medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, practically 45 minutes.
- rouse in olives, parsley, and basil. stir up to heat through.
Nutritions of Italian Chicken Cacciatorecalories: 520 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21 g
cholesterolContent: 116.7 mg
fatContent: 28.9 g
fiberContent: 3.6 g
proteinContent: 35.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 5.9 g
sodiumContent: 1083.9 mg
sugarContent: 8.5 g